By law all UK cars that are three years old and over are required to have a valid MOT certificate. The contents and standards of a MOT required are set by the Vehicle and Operator Services Agency.
Dingwall Autos is a registered MOT garage, and can provide a comprehensive MOT test in Liverpool. You may apply for a new MOT certificate up to one month prior to the expiry of your current certificate, and the new certificate will run from the date of the old one.
At Dingwall Autos in Wavertree, Liverpool, we currently use the latest one-man operation service on all our MOTs.
The items covered in a MOT test are:
- Steering system, including power steering
- Braking system, including ABS and servo
- Compulsory lights
- Windscreen wiper/washer system
- Tyres and wheels
- Bodywork where it effects structural integrity/pedestrian safety
- Wheel bearings and drive shaft including seals
- Suspension system, including springs, shock absorbers and bushes
- Exhaust system
- Exhaust system and catalytic converter (where applicable)
- Exhaust emissions and excessive visible smoke (diesel)
- Body work, such as rusted and jagged edges
Please note: a MOT certificate cannot be relied upon as proof that a vehicle is legally roadworthy.